Thursday, January 26, 2012

Because it has been faaaar too long!! (Part 2 of 2)

As promised, more barns for you to love.  As usual, a little later than promised...








The age-old debate of "shed" vs. "barn" continues.  Honestly, I can't always tell the difference.  This one is probably closer to a storage shed, but my best friend and I just could not pass it by.  Clark Road, Litchfield.  Nestled among maple trees, prepped for the tapping.


Taken from the car window, again, as proprietors were milling about...  Route 63, Goshen.  One abbreviated picture doesn't do it justice, but we had to keep moving! 


Nearly a picture postcard, this one.  I think this is exactly what people imagine when they think on winter in Connecticut!  Route 4, West Goshen.  And, right across the road, more beauty...



You'll note the bushes in the foreground, as I was careful not to step foot on anyone's property and had to take these pics from the street. 


Just plain lovely.





 
Drove further (farther?) on Route 4, into Cornwall.  These barns have it all: snow-capped roofs, livestock, dried-out trees and patches of grassland.  Mmmmm...







TriArts Sharon Playhouse, Amenia Road, Sharon, CT.  Pretty quiet, this time of year. 


Say hello to, perhaps, my FAVORITE barn since the inception of this here blog.  Route 343, Amenia, NY.  I thought it was too sunny for a good pic, but, sometimes, there are miracles...



Makes me think of one of my most beloved Bob Dylan songs, Desolation Row





Destruction is a form of creation, no?   

No comments:

Post a Comment