Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year & Welcome!!

2012 and F*** Yeah, Barns! have finally arrived!  After telling friends (over and over) that I wanted to start a photo blog dedicated to my well-known love of barns, my darling boyfriend was kind enough to purchase a digital camera for me, so that I might finally make good on my word.  [Thank you again, dearie].  With no excuses left, I've begun this new and exciting venture and have started my year off right! 

Please enjoy the images I've captured thus far, and feel free to leave comments, questions, and suggestions for new locales.  xoxo  







My cover image and these beauties are from Middletown Monument Company, 128 Schuyler Avenue, Middletown, CT.   




Ridge Road in Middletown.  I haven't yet decided how I feel about taking pictures on private property, so I stayed in my car for these ones.  Thank goodness for zoom lenses. 







 
Some quintessential ones here from Saybrook Road, Route 154, Haddam. 








Drove on a little further and found this one on Route 149 in Moodus.  Can't wait for it to start snowing- night barns will be that much more breathtaking to behold!   


3 comments:

  1. The first red one (That comes up 6 of 19 in my window) is my favorite so far . . . the way the tree shadows play off the red is awesome. Hello national geographic!!! xoxoxox Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. the barn in Middletown with the sunset lighting is grogeous! And i bet a lot of property owners would be more than happy to let you take pics, if you knocked on the door. A lot of them probably have good interesting sroties about the barn, when it was built, etc. A tangent blog could be what you find inside each of the barns! Bet there's some real weird old stuff in some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dears, for the encouragement & suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete